The Lords My Shepherd, I'll Not Want The Popular The Lord's My Shepherd Hymn
To print this Christian hymn lyrics "The Lords My Shepherd, I'll Not Want", just highlight the words of this hymn and copy and paste into your Word Editor or Powerpoint program.
The Lord's My Shepherd, I'll Not Want Hymn Writer ~ Francis Rous - 1579-1659
The Lord's my Shepherd, I'll not want;
He makes me down to lie
In pastures green; He leadeth me
The quiet waters by.
My soul He doth restore again
And me to walk doth make
Within the paths of righteousness,
E'en for His own name's sake.
Yea, tho' I walk in death's dark vale,
Yet will I fear no ill;
For Thou art with me, and Thy rod
And staff me comfort still.
My table Thou hast furnished
In presence of my foes;
My head Thou dost with oil anoint,
And my cup overflows.
Goodness and mercy, all my life,
Shall surely follow me;
And in God's house forevermore
My dwelling place shall be.
This beautiful Shepherd Psalm The Lords My Shepherd, I'll Not Want was written based upon the 23rd Psalm. Read and meditate on each of the Bible verses in this most read psalm and be blessed by the comforting words and assurance found within it.
Psalm 23 (KJV)
1. The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
2. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.
3. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
4. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
5. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
6. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.