To print "Abide With Me", just highlight the words of the hymn and copy and paste into your word editor.
1. I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman.
2. Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit.
3. Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you.
4. Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.
5. I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.
6. If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.
7. If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.
8. Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples.
9. As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love.
10. If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.
11. These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full.
12. This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.
13. Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.
14. Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.
15. Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you.
16. Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.
17. These things I command you, that ye love one another.
Abide with me - fast falls the eventide,
The darkness deepens - Lord, with me abide;
When other helpers fail and comforts flee,
Help of the helpless, O abide with me!
Swift to its close ebbs out life's little day;
Earth's joys grow dim, its glories pass away;
Change and decay in all around I see -
O Thou who changest not, abide with me!
I need Thy presence ev'ry passing hour -
What but Thy grace can foil the tempter's pow'r?
Who, like Thyself, my guide and stay can be?
Thru cloud and sunshine, O abide with me.
I fear no foe, with Thee at hand to bless;
Ills have no weight, and tears no bitterness.
Where is death's sting? Where, grave, thy victory?
I triumph still, if Thou abide with me.
Hold Thou Thy word before my closing eyes,
Shine thru the gloom and point me to the skies;
Heav'n's morning breaks, and earth's vain shadows flee -
In life, in death, O Lord, abide with me!
You might also want to view Harriet B. Stowe's 'Abide In Me, O Lord'
The Lord Jesus told us to abide in Him as He abides in us. (John 15:1-17) In fact, it is God's deepest desire that we abide in Him. God sent forth His only begotten Son, Jesus Christ to die for us so that we may be saved - have abundant life - have fellowship with Him - spend eternity with Him - no more separation - be one with Him.
Jesus was crucified and died on the rugged cross to redeem us from our sin and to make us His.
Throughout the Bible, we see a God who sought out His people, fought their battles and delivered them from their enemies. We can feel His heartbeats within Scriptures - God wants to abide in us. It is His desire and delight to dwell with His people.
We do not need to plead for Him to dwell in us. When we received Jesus Christ into our heart as our Lord and Savior, Jesus came to dwell in us.
In John 15:4; Jesus said, "Remain in me, as I also remain in you." (NIV)
Jesus never fails to keep His side of the bargain.
Let us abide - dwell - remain in Him always.
Stay tuned! More hymns will be added.
Meanwhile, you might like to subscribe to my ezine or add your comment to this page. Just scroll down to sign up, add your comment or view what others are saying about this hymn.
Be the first to receive updates, Christian living tips and current news!
Praise the LORD.
How good it is to sing praises to our God,
how pleasant and fitting to praise Him!
~ Psalm 147:1
If this Christian hymn has inspired or edified you in some way, please help spread the Word by sharing it with someone today.
New! CommentsWhat you think about what you just read! Leave me a comment in the box below.